Increase your emotional intelligence and success with these 10 recommended actions. Increase your self-awareness and self-regulation. All you need is to experiment and practice.
What new practice will you try today? Share it in our Discussion Area
Read on to get all 10 tips. To get you started, here is Tip #1, the most important of all! Be conscious and aware. Stay awake in your relationships and interactions.
- Be conscious and aware. Stay awake in your relationships and interactions.
- Take response-ability. Focus on your ability to respond vs. react.
- Know your Self, your triggers, and your needs. Write your Owners Manual
- When you have a strong reaction to a situation, ask yourself, "What is about me?" and "What is about them?"
- Seek to neutralize words and events. (Use the conflict management worksheet to help learn this.)
- Try to have your thoughts and actions be love-driven vs. fear-driven. That is being open, gracious, positive, generous vs. competitive, suspicious, distrusting, etc.
- Seek agreement on issues, decisions, next steps without judgment. (Read an article Gail wrote on working with judgment TCW_Dec07_044.)
- Create moments of stillness, quiet, and even self-designed spirituality (unhook that iPod for 5 minutes!)
- Design alliances or agreements on how to be in your relationships.
- Work towards and hold a bigger goal for yourself, your organization, and the world for the "greater good."
Let Gail help you apply these to your situation and see how your whole team can benefit. Email Gail at [email protected] or call 773.477.4012.
Sign up! Get your no-cost copy of the eBook, "10 Secrets to Boost Your Emotional Intelligence (and Your Career)" to increase your success.