Emotional intelligence is like a built-in GPS (Global Positioning System). It advises you when you veer off course, suggests U-turns, and guides you in the general direction of your one, true destination.... happiness!
Your emotions are a factory-installed tool. So often we try to squelch or squash emotions when they seem to get in the way.
What might happen in your career if you tuned in to the signals your emotional system is sending?
The Inspired Choice Emotional Intelligence Model is presented below with the 5 key skill areas of emotional intelligence with 3 sub-skills for each. This model is inspired by the EQi-2.0 MHS Emotional Intelligence Assessment, of which I am certified to deliver.
Scientifically, our emotions are activated in our "emotional brain" and are recognized and stimulate action before our thinking brain can add reasoning. Our prehistoric ancestors relied on this fight or flight mechanism. This can lead to what feels like emotional hijacking. You react vs. respond. Heightened awareness of your emotional intelligence default operating system is like realizing you have an owners manual! You can improve your functioning, prevent overheating and accidents, avoid repairs and troubleshoot your system when you have a system failure! Why not improve your habits of thought and behavior and therefore your results! Think about the dominoe effect below... it all starts with your thoughts, which held over time become beliefs, about you and others.
Thoughts –> Feelings –> Choices –> Actions = Results
Inspired Choice can help you boost these 15 skills to increase career success!
Learn how to increase awareness and improve the way you:
- perceive your Self,
- express your desires and beliefs to others,
- create and sustain relationships,
- make decisions and
- manage your emotions to reduce stress and increase optimism
Click here to learn how I might help you assess and activate your GPS awareness so you can improve career success whether in job search, career advancement, or business development. More authentically show up, more courageously speak up, and more intentionally move up in your career by leveraging your emotional intelligence!
Inspired Choice Emotional Intelligence Model
- Self-Regard and Confidence (self-image and acceptance)
- Personal Mission (driving force for all decisions and choices)
- Emotional Self-Awareness (triggers that motivate or get you stuck)
- Expressing Emotions (appropriately defending beliefs)
- Assertiveness and Asking (assertive vs. aggressive, courage)
- Managing Emotions and Resilience (managing not stuffing)
- Relationship Effectiveness (more meaningful and productive conversations, collaboration)
- Empathy and Emotions of Others (observing and respecting cues in others)
- Social Competence and Responsibility (social consciousness, connecting to something bigger than you)
- Mission Filter (making choices based on personal mission)
- Love vs. Fear (overworking or saying "yes" when you mean "no" out of fear)
- Impulse Control (knee-jerk reactions vs. thoughtful responses)
- Flexibility (mission-driven adaptation to change)
- Stress Tolerance with P.I.E.S. Balance (Physical Intellectual Emotional Spiritual)
- Optimism (hope, trust, positivity, faith)